Tuesday 6 August 2013

Empties | July 2013

So I've finally decided to join the Blogger world, I've wanted to for a very long time but have never found time to, as I'm a full time Business student.

I thought I'd start with my empties for the month of July, 2013:



I don't go through much so I'm pretty proud of my achievements this month.
I'm also trying to use up the majority of my sample items, as I seem to accumulate too many.
#Hoarders


Fist up are larger items that I've used up

Clear Scalp Therapy Shampoo 350ml
I like this shampoo, it's fairly inexpensive and works really well with my curly mane. Not too exciting, but I was kind of annoyed at receiving it in my July Bellabox, as they included a card to enter a competition, which includes being sent another sample.
Repurchase: Already have.

TRESemme Travel sized Salon Finish Hair Spray 75g
With my job I need to keep my hair out of peoples food and drinks, and I have frizzy hair.
I loved this hair spray for a long time, as its travel/purse friendly and does keep my fly aways at bay, at least for a while.
I'm using up other travel sized hair sprays from beauty boxes etc., and seeing how I feel about the Toni & Guy one and then I'll see if I want to buy it in the future
Repurchase: Most likely

Schick Hydro Sensitive Shaving Cream 75ml
I received this one during O Weeks Market Day at my Uni, it was handed to me along with a free razor while I was bumming around.
It was pretty good, I'm not a fan of shaving creams as they dry out my skin, I prefer shaving with baby oil.
Repurchase: Already have, but might not in the future.

Taylor Swift Wonderstruck Shower Gel 100ml
The boyfriend bought this for me in one of those packs that come with perfumes.
I like the actual perfume, but wasn't sure about using it as a body wash, so I was happy to use it up.
It also broke at the top of it, so using it was kind of awkward by the end.
Repurchase: Probably not.

Libra Hotties 2 Pack
I did receive one of these in my July Bellabox, as I didn't mind at all as I do love these during unhappy cramp times.
These are usually on special, so I have a few in storage.
Repurchase: Already have.


Onto the smaller stuff and the rare make up items.

Maybelline Fit Me Foundation 115
I've had this for an embarrassing two years, I've finally used it up/decided it was pretty much empty
I love this foundation, but I have so many foundations I need to use up before I can get this again.
Repurchase: Yes, but not for a while.

Bedhead Shampoo and Conditioner samples
I received these in the April Lust Have It box, and I'm currently using up my shampoo and conditioner samples atm.
These weren't too exciting, it's hard to tell how I feel about a product after one use, but they did the job.

Bioderma Atoderm cream sample
This was nice, it lasted me a while, I'm not that fussed with fancy moisturisers so I'm not sure I will repurchase it.
Repurchase: Probably not.

Tiaki Day Cream sample
Same as above, I'm not super excited by fancy moisturisers but it was nice to have.
Repurchase: Probably not

Amele Intimate Freshen-Up Wipes 20 pack
I love the smell of these, they smell like Sunshine, Rainbows and lollipops.
Repurchase: Already have.

Furlesse Elevens 3 Day sample.
I don't now if they actually worked as I don't really have frown lines, and I was worried about having an allergic reaction (I'm allergic to most adhesives) but eh, no complaints.
Repurchase: Probably not.

Beauty Style Blue Eyeliner Pencil 
I used this to draw a fishy on my wrist for Talia Joy, but this pretty much just smooshed onto my skin and made a mess. It also smells like little kids make up, and kind of like crayons.
I'm not putting this near my eyes.
Repurchase: Aw hell naw.

ModelCo Fibrelash Mascara Duo
For those that don't know what Fibre mascara is, it's essentially false eyelashes in a bottle.
They do work pretty well.
I love ModelCo, but I'm a mascara hoarder, and these need to go.
I have another set so it's not too bad.
Repurchase: Not for a while.

Well that's my empties for the month, does anyone else feel accomplished when they actually use things up? I'm such a hoarder.

I'm also selling a heap of unused cosmetic items on eBay, if you are interested. 
I mostly have eye and lip products, and a few nail polishes and misc. items.

I also want to call attention to a Facebook group where you can swap unwanted Beauty Box or even other beauty items for better items: Beauty-Box Swaps
The woman who made it has made it as a Facebook page you have to add as a friend.
I've gotten fairly awesome stuff from the website so far :D

With love, 

Rik xx

No comments:

Post a Comment