Wednesday 2 October 2013

Leibster Award / Tag


So this is exciting! I was nominated for the Liebster Award, which I'm not quite sure what it is exactly but it's a great way to discover new blogs with less than 200 followers.

I was nominated by the gorgeous Brodu-Soup, and I'm super excited to be a part of this tag :D

It will be a bit hard to do as my computer has gone Kaput with Ketut, so we shall see how I go using my handy dandy iPad :)

All thats needed to do is state 11 facts about myself, answer 11 questions from Brodie, create 11 questions of my own & then tag another 11 blogs!

I'm not sure if I know 11 other bloggers so I shall have to do some searching, I'm also not sure what the end result of this is? Is it there a prize?

My eleven facts about myself:

1. I turn 22 at the end of the year, and I definitely don't feel it.
I actually feel about 80 :(

2. I have a pet turtle, his names Axoloti and he's my world xo

3. I don't wear make up every day; if I cannot find the time in the morning, y'all can deal with my ugly.

4. I went to two different primary schools, 4 high schools and TAFE before finally starting Uni as a mature age student. It was an interesting journey, but a story for another time :)

5. I'm lactose intolerant, but I refuse to give up cheese and chocolate and sometimes yoghurt if I can't find alternatives. Milk however I cannot stomach. 

6. I have the weirdest allergy in the world: I'm allergic to most if not all types of glue. 
Lash glue, and band aids especially. Also stickers and sticky tape but I don't tend to find myself sticking myself to things very often. 
I do however brave false lashes on (special) occasion and obviously I do use bandaids if I can't find an alternative.

7. I've lived in more suburbs of Melbourne than I can count, before moving to Echuca when I was 10, but I refuse to say "I'm from Echuca". 
I've also since moved about 3 times since 2011, not counting moving back to places (Uni/TAFE)
I just can't stay put.

8. My favourite number is 3, and I tend to do things in 3s. It's just a perfect number.

9. I even have three favourite colours: pink, lilac and orange.

10. I have two first names, my first name is American, my middle name is Gaeilge, and my last name is technically English, but I'm actually Of Irish/Australian origin (two facts in one) 

11. My current partner is my longest relationship of currently 2 years and 2 months, the longest before that was 4 months. 

-

Eleven questions from Brodie:

1. Where did the inspiration for your blog name come from?

I did cover this in a recent post but I basically got the idea from a Queen song, and I also originally started a travel blog with a slighly longer title but never really posted so I ended up just ditching it.

It also pays tribute to my love of winged eyeliner.

2. If you could have any one person in the entire worlds closet and all of it's contents whose would it be & why?

Oh golly, my manager at one of my jobs is also a model and I feel weird for saying this but I love her wardrobe, and she's stunning! 

3. What's your favourite mascara?
Benefit - They're Real! 
I was legit asked if I had false lashes on while wearing it. Yeah buddy. Gonna repurchase that one!

4. Liquid or Pencil eye-liner?

Liquid! I can do a winged liner with a pencil but its just not as intense as liquid liner.
My HG is the ELF essential liquid liner, seriously, it's AUD$2, and it's amazing.

5. Where can you see yourself in 5 years time?

Hopefully finished Uni and out of McDonalds, I love my job, but it's not where I want to be.
Im studying marketing so hopefully something in that field, still figuring out exactly what I want to do.

6. What's your favourite childhood memory?

Trips to science works! Also going to see Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone, on the 9th of December 2001. I know this because I turned 10 on the 10th :P 

I was a bit of a nerdy child. Still am really. 

7. Signature Scent?

Taylor Swift - Wonderstruck or Echanted Wonderstruck <3

8. What is your favourite cruelty free brand?
Probably ELF and also ModelCo, but its really hard to know if I'm using 100% cruelty free products, especially within my budget.

9. What is your ideal night-in?

Eating Mi Goreng and watching YouTube in my pants. #Unilyf haha

10. Who is your favourite beauty-guru of all time?

I want to say Michelle Phan, but everyone says her, and I want to show some love for Australian beauty gurus and say MissTango2. 

She's gorgeous, she's so polite and professional in her videos, and she seems like she'd be a wonderful person off camera as she is on camera.

11. What's your favourite drug-store and high-end brand?

Drugstore: Maybelline. It was my first make up brand, at least from when I actually seriously started wearing it. 
High End: MAC, and I only just recently bought MAC too!
I'm so poor :(

My eleven questions:

1. Where did the name of your blog come from?
2. What three products can't you live without?
3. What is your No.1 holy grail product, and your worst, "product I regret buying" product.
4. Do you prefer high end or drug store more?
5. What was your most embarrassing make up fail?
6. First brand you ever used when you got into beauty/make up? 
7. Which beauty blogger would you most want to meet and hang out with?
8. What was the worst thing you ever received as a present (can be beauty related or just in general.)
9. What got you into make up/beauty?
10. High end or basic/budget friendly brushes/accessories? Eg. MAC vs ELF
11. Weirdest make up item you've ever found? Eg odd beauty tool.

As it is really hard to find new blogs, and I'm still only new, the 5 blogs I'm nominating are

Hey Landy: heylandy.blogspot.com.au
Sopphy: Sopphy.onimpression.com
A-la-foilee: a-la-Foilee.blogspot.com.au 
Kate Flint: themintedbeauty.com 
Luxuryonthelips.com

With love,
 
Rik xx

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for nominating me pretty lady :) I will do up your questions and my 11 facts part and link back to your blog :) I have already done this tag like four times I think? o_o

    ReplyDelete
    Replies

    1. Oh goodness, didn't realise you'd done so many haha thanks though :D x

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aw thank you for the loveliness!! :-) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for reading my post! That just made my day! Xxx

      Delete